|This contains content or features that may be part of the next release.|
The content may have appeared in Development versions but the full update with these features has not had an official patch yet.
The content in this page is heavily subject to change.
|Data Value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
Aercloud does not require any tool to be obtained. When mined, it will drop itself.
Aerclouds of different types can be found in the skies of the Aether. Cold Aerclouds can be found mainly in a large "sea" that makes up the areas between the Aether's islands. Other types can be found as smaller cloud structures at various heights. The types of Aerclouds that spawn are dependent on what height they spawn at.
Cold Aerclouds spawn between Y=190 and Y=230, between Y=110 and Y=150, and in the Aercloud "sea" at Y=70.
Gold Aerclouds spawn between Y=185 and Y=205 and between Y=12 and Y=24.
Blue Aerclouds spawn between Y=218 and Y=236, between Y=85 and Y=95, and between Y=5 and Y=15.
Purple Aerclouds spawn between Y=226 and Y=246 and between Y=90 and Y=100.
Green Aerclouds spawn between Y=208 and Y=226, between Y=100 and Y=110, and between Y=25 and Y=35.
Storm Aerclouds spawn between Y=238 and Y=256 and between Y=40 and Y=55.
When standing on an Aercloud, the player will sink partially into the block. Their body will be inside the topmost block while their feet will be standing on the block below it.
Cold Aerclouds will break the fall of any players or mobs that touch it.
Gold Aerclouds will send any players, mobs, or drops downwards at a high speed when touched. Sneaking on a Gold Aercloud will negate its effect, but will cause the player to descend slowly through it.
Blue Aerclouds will bounce any players, mobs, or drops upwards high into the air when touched. The max bounce height from a Blue Aercloud is 7 vertical blocks. Sneaking on a Blue Aercloud will negate its effect, but will cause the player to descend slowly through it.
Purple Aerclouds will blow any players, mobs, or drops in a specific direction when touched, based on the direction the Purple Aercloud is facing. Sneaking on a Purple Aercloud will negate its effect, but will cause the player to descend slowly through it.
Green Aerclouds will blow any players, mobs, or drops in a random horizontal direction when touched. Sneaking on a Green Aercloud will negate its effect, but will cause the player to descend slowly through it.
Storm Aerclouds behave the same as Cold Aerclouds, and will also break the fall of any players or mobs that touch it.
|Cold Cloud Parachute||Cold Aercloud +
|Blue Cloud Parachute||Blue Aercloud +
|Purple Cloud Parachute||Purple Aercloud +
|Skyroot Water Bucket||Skyroot Bucket +
- It is possible to place Cold Aerclouds to break one's fall from a high drop (right before they hit the ground), but the timing is difficult to get right before taking fall damage.
Issues relating to Aercloud are maintained on the Aether Issue Tracker. Report issues for Aercloud there.
|Aether II: Highlands Alpha|
|1.10b1||Now generates as a vast blanket of Cold Aerclouds on the bottom of the Aether. Green Aerclouds also now generate in Jungle sub-biomes and Storm Aerclouds generate in Crystal sub-biomes. The Block ID is now 4100 and Purple Aerclouds share the same ID.|
|1.10b5||Green Aerclouds now properly generate.|
|1.11b1||Sound issues and other issues with Aerclouds fixed.|
|Highlands Update - 0.2.0||- fix: Encouraged Aerclouds to not generate underground or in structures|
- fix: Fixed an end-of-the-world scenario that can occur when mobs get stuck on Aerclouds
It can be found in the sky, even very close to islands, and obviously, forms clouds in the Aether. Since it also may generate under islands, this makes it useful to both stop fall damage and help create mining scaffolds under islands.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|To Infinity and Beyond!||Bounce on a Blue Aercloud||Hostile Paradise||Get bounced into the air by a Blue Aercloud|
|Cold Aercloud||aether:aercloud||0 (DV), 4102 (dec), 1006 (hex), 1000000000110 (bin)|
|Blue Aercloud||aether:aercloud||1 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Golden Aercloud||aether:aercloud||2 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Green Aercloud||aether:aercloud||3 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Storm Aercloud||aether:aercloud||4 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Purple Aercloud||aether:aercloud||5 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
- Initial release: Introduced
- 126.96.36.199: Blue Aerclouds now correctly bounce players who are on a mount
- 188.8.131.52: An exploit with Blue Aerclouds, which allowed Survival players to fly was fixed
- 1.7.10-1.2: Fixed Purple Aerclouds not generating in the Aether
- 1.7.10-1.3: Aercloud entity fixed
- 1.7.10-1.6: Flying through Aerclouds no longer interacts with the player
|“||Found in clouds. Stops fall damage when landed on||”|
|~ Book of Lore|
- Initial release: Introduced
- Fixed a bug where Blue Aerclouds and Gold Aerclouds were not generating into the world naturally, and newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with blue and gold clouds
- Blue Aerclouds have a cyan-like color now
- The Freezer can now be used to freeze Cold Aerclouds into Blue Aerclouds
- 1.9 Pre-release: Reduced potential of Blue Aerclouds to damage you on impact
- 1.9 Pre-release 3: Blue Aercloud darkened slightly, to fix "white on top" inventory icon issue