| Berry Bush|
|Drops|| Blue Berry (1-2)|
Berry Bush Stem (1)
|Data value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
It does not require any tool to mine, but will not drop itself unless mined with a Silk Touch enchanted pickaxe. If in a harvest ready state, it will drop Blue Berries when mined, and if mined again or if a block supporting it is removed, will instead drop a Berry Bush Stem.
|Zanite and Valkyrie*||0.38|
*Times are from unenchanted tools in seconds, and Zanite with max durability.
Berry Bushes can be found naturally generated on islands, sometimes in groups of two or three.
If Bone Meal is used on an Aether Grass block, vegetation has a chance to spawn instead of tall grass up to seven blocks away. Berry Bushes and Purple Flowers are 20% chance, White Roses are 70% chance, Berry Bush Stems are 40% chance, and Orange Trees are 10% chance.
They have two stages of growth, one as a stem (what it looks like after harvested) and one fully bloomed which resembles green Skyroot Leaves with blue fruits. Berry Bush Stems can be replanted by the player. When harvested on Enchanted Aether Grass, they instead drop 2-4 Blue Berries.
In 1.10[upcoming], Berry Bushes are now instantly harvestable.
- Berry Bushes are useful as an easy source of food or as for decorating exterior gardens.
- Berry Bushes were introduced in the version 1.04 update for the original The Aether mod.
- Despite having separate opaque textures, Berry Bushes are not affected by the Fast graphic setting.
Berry Bush's data values are:
|Berry Bush||aether:berryBush||208 (dec), D0 (hex), 11010000 (bin)|
Issues relating to Berry Bush block are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Berry Bush there.
- 1.03: Introduced
- Berry Bushes now drop 0-2 berries
- Berry Bush generation changed, as they now generates in larger groups
- Bug fixed where Berry Bushes would disappear from chunks and the drops would spawn at the player's head
- 1.9 Pre-release 2:
- Fixed Berry Bush bug when the grass is removed from beneath it
- Fixed crash when Berry Bushes are destroyed in the main menu
- Initial release: Introduced
- 126.96.36.199: Implemented bonemealing for Orange Trees, Berry Bushes, and Berry Bush Stems