|This contains content or features that may be part of the next release.|
The content may have appeared in Development versions but the full update with these features has not had an official patch yet.
The content in this page is heavily subject to change.
|Spawn||At night time|
|Drops||0-64 Cockatrice Feathers|
|“||When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack!||”|
Cockatrices are a common bird-like hostile mob found in the Aether.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Cockatrices spawn exclusively at night and may spawn in large groups but however do not die upon day arriving.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Cockatrices are currently bugged and while they do actually have hostile behavior, a bug causes them to behave as passive and never attack the player, even if in Easy mode or harder.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cockatrices have been reported to spawn inside houses with insufficient lighting.
- Using the /ride command from the Single Player Commands mod enables riding and controlling Cockatrices. However, they will attack after dismounting.
- Cockatrices are based on a mythological creature that is hatched from a chicken egg laid on a full moon by a 7-year old hen, and incubated for 6 years by snakes or toads. They fire poisonous quills from their tail, their gaze can petrify, and their breath is deadly. Coincidentally, both Cockatrices and Moa are based on creatures from the past, whether extinct or myth.
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to Cockatrice are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Cockatrice there.
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- 220.127.116.11: Spawn rate nerfed
- 18.104.22.168: Spawn rate nerfed further
- 1.7.10-1.5: Nausea effect from Cockatrice poison is now shorter
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]