|This contains content or features that may be part of the next release.|
The content may have appeared in Development versions but the full update with these features has not had an official patch yet.
The content in this page is heavily subject to change.
|Sell Value||1 (Skyroot only)|
|Data Value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
Fences can be broken by hand, but using an axe will speed up the process.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
|Zanite[note 2]||0.5 - 0.2|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- Times in order are the slowest to fastest mining speeds based on the tool's durability.
|Skyroot Planks +
|Wisproot Planks +
|Greatroot Planks +
|Therawood Planks +
Fences appear to be one block tall and have a hitbox height of one block, but their collision detection for mobs is 1.5 blocks tall. That means mobs cannot jump over them. They are transparent to light and have visual gaps.
Fences will occupy the center of a block and automatically connect to any solid block that is placed next to it. Fences will not connect to fences of other materials.
Fences have smaller hitboxes, so they will allow mobs to breathe underwater even when submerged.
Issues relating to Fence are maintained on the Aether Issue Tracker. Report issues for Fence there.
|Aether II: Highlands Alpha|
|?||Skyroot Fences Introduced.|
|1.10b1||Now has a numerical-id of 4141 and the name-id is now |
|Skyroot Fence||aether:skyrootFence||218 (dec), DA (hex), 11011010 (bin)|
A player's pen for some Orange Trees
|“||Six can be crafted with six blocks of Hellfire Stone. Is purely decorative. Great for containing animals.||”|
|~ Book of Lore|
- The Book of Lore description for Aether fences in the original The Aether mod is always the same, no matter the actual material they're made out of.
- Initial release: Introduced
- 1.9 Pre-release: Added blocks for Aether Fences (Holystone, Mossy Holystone, Icestone, Skyroot, Carved Stone, Angelic, and Hellfire)
- 1.9 Pre-release 2: Typo fixed for Skyroot Fence
- 1.9 Pre-release 3:
- Icestone Fences added to pickaxe efficiency list
- Aether axes now work on Aether Fences
- Aether Pickaxes now work on Holystone Brick Fences