|This contains content or features that may be part of the next release.|
The content may have appeared in Development versions but the full update with these features has not had an official patch yet.
The content in this page is heavily subject to change.
|Data Value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
Ferrosite Sand does not require a shovel to be obtained, and so, will drop even if mined with bare hands, but mining it with a shovel is faster.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
|Zanite[note 2]||0.15 - 0.05|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- Times in order are the slowest to fastest mining speeds based on the tool's durability.
Quicksoil will increase the movement speed of any players or mobs that walk on it up to a maximum speed. While the movement speed increase may be useful, it can be hazardous as players can accidentally fall to their deaths if unaware. Players are unable to sneak on quicksoil, so that method cannot be used to avoid falling off of the block.
- Quicksoil is useful for making highways to quickly get around, but be sure to create side-scaffolding to prevent falling from the increase of movement speed. It may be currently more effective than taming Moas, but the only downside is investing more time in building and gathering the materials.
- In the original The Aether mod, movement speed was affected by how long the player moved on Quicksoil.
- Despite having soil in it's name, Quicksoil appears to be a silica based material (sand) instead of actual soil like Aether Dirt or Dirt. Quicksoil isn't likely made out of calcium carbonate though, as calcium carbonate is formed by organic processes, such as from coral or shellfish.
- Quicksoil used to be able to be enchanted into Quicksoil Glass.
Issues relating to Quicksoil are maintained on the Aether Issue Tracker. Report issues for Quicksoil there.
|Aether II: Highlands Alpha|
|1.10b1||Now has a numerical block id of 4117 and spawns more commonly on the fringes of islands and may generate as 'pools' in the middle of islands.|
|1.10b3||Aether Portals no longer generate on quicksoil coasts.|
|1.10b5||Now has a speedcap. Quicksoil Glass is now only obtainable via smelting.|
|1.11b1||No longer affects spectators and no longer affected by sneaking.|
|1.11b2||Islands now generate with small patches of quicksoil further in from the coasts of islands.|
Quicksoil can be found naturally generated in small patches on the sides of islands. Quicksoil also now generates as coasts covering the fringes of most islands and in 'pools' in mainland.
Quicksoil will majorly increase the movement speed of any players or mobs that walk on it, even more dramatically with additional Speed buffs. While the movement speed increase may be useful, it can be hazardous as players can accidentally fall to their deaths if unaware.
It can also be smelted in a Holystone Furnace to be turned into Quicksoil Glass. Quicksoil Glass still retains its special ability (increasing movement speed), but, however, it is not as powerful as Quicksoil. Its overworld counterpart, Sand, can also make glass, but Sand cannot speed players up.
- Initial release: Introduced
- 126.96.36.199: Quicksoil's properties were reverted back to their 1.5.1 design
- 188.8.131.52: Players can no longer sneak to prevent falling off of Quicksoil and Quicksoil Glass.
- 1.7.10-1.3: Fixed slow Aether mounts on Quicksoil
|“||Found at the edge of islands. Speeds up anything on it. Use it with blue clouds for epicness||”|
|~ Book of Lore|
- Quicksoil may be considered the Aether's counterpart to the Nether's Soul Sand, given they are both sand type blocks, and affect movement speed in opposite ways.
- Initial release: Introduced
- 1.01: Non-generated Quicksoil no longer returns drops with a Skyroot Shovel
- 1.02: Now used to craft Quicksoil Glass