|Health||500 ( × 250)|
|Spawn||Slider's Labyrinth dungeons|
Spawning[edit | edit source]
There is one Slider per instance of Slider's Labyrinth dungeon. In order to be able to fight it, the player must defeat three mini-bosses (Sentry Guardian, Slider Host Mimic, and Labyrinth Eye) in the dungeon to obtain keys, which are needed to open a Slider's door.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Slider bosses can only be hurt via pickaxes and is immune to all other forms of weapons. The Slider may also charge at the player again right after attacking the player once, and has the capability to spawn different Sentry types to thwart the player.
After reaching critical health, a Slider will turn red and move much faster. Sliders are capable destroying any type of block that is not Divine Carved Stone or Divine Sentry Stone. Upon defeat, a Slider will drop a large assortment of loot, ranging from simple food items to valuable armor and weapons.
Loot[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The best strategy to attack a Slider without losing any health is to stay at the 4x4 grid in the middle of the room. If the Slider goes down (yellow arrow), you go up (yellow arrow).
- It is possible to go to a corner and rapidly hit the Slider with a pickaxe. Although this requires a lot of food and good armor, it will kill it in a relatively short amount of time.
- If the Slider falls with Sentries under it, it will also crush the Sentries.
- Although its eyes glow in the dark, lighting up the room first is advised.
- (For those playing the Aether mod as part of a modpack) It is recommended to use pickaxes only available from vanilla Minecraft and the Aether mod, as pickaxes sourced from other mods are not guaranteed to damage the Slider unless the Aether mod has been made compatible with other mods.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is also an easter egg in the texture file for the Slider's door that says "Door is Life, Door is Love" with a picture of what looks like a mudkip.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|Like a Bossaru!||Conquer the Slider's Labyrinth||No Turning Back||Defeat the Slider boss|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to Slider mob are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Slider there.
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- Sliders are now immune to non-pickaxe tools and weapons
- Sliders now cannot be moved with the Hammer of Notch projectile
- 1.04: Fixed the Slider boss's eye brightness
- Initial release: Introduced
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed choppy movement
- Slider's fight has revisited it's more classic days! We've tweaked how the Slider reacts with multiple people, and made him no longer break blocks.
- Sliders no longer destroys the boss room.
- Slider's boss room's door now reseals while fighting.
- Sliders now drops a maximum of 16 lightning knives in one stack.
Gallery[edit | edit source]