Slider's Labyrinths are dimensions found in the Aether. They are the first and currently the only dungeons introduced in the Aether II. They are a large maze-like formation that will easily kill unprepared players. The Slider is the main boss of Slider's Labyrinths.
To enter, the player or party must find a Totem inside a small structure made up of Divine Carved Stone and Divine Sentry Stone, which can be found randomly on the surface of islands. To enter, simply right click the Totem in the structure and accept the warning that pops up. Upon entering, the player will be teleported into a Slider's Labyrinth.
Slider's Labyrinths are technically considered dimensions since they each occupy their own unique instance, unlike such as a vanilla Dungeon or Stronghold. They functionally behave like structures, having very specific generation rules, exclusive mobs, and unique loot tables. Instances are in a single separate dimension, like the Overworld, Nether, Aether, or The End. Each instance is separated by several thousand blocks of completely indestructible Blood Moss Holystone.
Each Slider's Labyrinth chest contains 2–6 item stacks, with the following distribution:
|Baby Pink Swet||0.58%||1|
The main goal of Slider's Labyrinth is to defeat the main boss Slider, but in order to fight it, you must first defeat the three minibosses in order to acquire their Dungeon Keys and then find the entrance for the boss room, which is easily defined by a giant door, usually near the Totem, however it can spawn somewhere else within Slider's Labyrinth.
Each of the minibosses have enough power to easily overwhelm a player and kill them, so caution should be taken and you should be as prepared as possible before you or party members attacks them. They spawn in their own big area, allowing lots of movement for dodging. All minibosses are neutral, allowing you to prepare as much as you want before taking them on. Upon killing a miniboss, you will get a Dungeon Key (not physical, instead it is shown in the top right) which is required to open the door to the Slider's room.
The Slider Host Mimic is a mini boss in the Slider's Labyrinth. It resembles the feared mystical construct, the Slider, but as its name implies, it is nothing more than just a mimic. Despite being a mimic of the Slider, one should not underestimate it as it is still powerful enough to kill players with ease. It attacks by summoning three red cubes that follow the player similar to the slider, while the mimic itself will move around on legs.
The Sentry Guardian looks like a much larger version of the Tracking Golem found throughout the Slider's Labyrinth, with the exception of having no legs. The Sentry Guardian floats around, and can one hit kill on contact with the player. His other attack is to spawn Detonation Sentries which do not despawn after battle. The Sentry Guardian also has an immunity to darts. A prolonged battle against one will probably end with a large group of Detonation Sentries spawned if one is not careful.
The Labyrinth's Eye is a gear-like mini-boss that will lose gears upon being struck which will bounce around the room. It looks like multiple gears, vertically circling a small, gray cube. Every time it loses gears, it's physical appearance changes, losing one of it's gears until it is only a floating cube. One should finish the battle as soon as possible, as the lower health the Eye has, the more gears there are in the room, which can easily kill a player if one takes too long.
The Slider is the final boss in the Slider's Labyrinth, which can only be harmed by pickaxes. If attacked with any other object a message will appear stating that Slider is a rock/solid block, alluding to the way to defeat him. It is recommended to bring a large amount of pickaxes due to losing 2 durability with every hit, although higher-tier pickaxes would be much better due to the higher damage they output.
After you open the door to the Slider's room, you should see it in the middle of the room on top of a pedestal. To start the battle, just hit it with a pickaxe. When you start the fight all party members (if you are in a party) will be teleported to the room and the door will be closed once again. The only way to leave the room is by disconnecting, dying or by killing the Slider.
Because of its large size the slider can only move in a straight line, so whilst fighting attempt to stay diagonal from it at all times. Upon the sliders death a message reading "Dungeon Conquered" in red will appear in the top right corner of the screen in the same location as the keys were.
Upon killing the Slider, each party member will see their own loot on the floor (So as to give everyone a equal chance of getting equipment) and each member can only take their own loot. After the slider is defeated, the player(s) can build in the Slider's Labyrinth and make it into their own base. If the player(s) rejoin the Slider's Labyrinth, however no new Slider's Labyrinth will generate and it will just load the Slider's Labyrinth as the players left it.
Note that creating a new party will cause the Slider's Labyrinth to change, as every Slider's Labyrinth is based on what your party is named or if you have a party at all.
Each Slider will drop a random assortment of items upon dying, with the following distribution:
- It is recommended to enter the Slider's Labyrinth after having Gravitite Armor, as this can prevent fall damage from the Sentry's explosion, and Gravitite tools, as those will cause the enemies to fly upwards, therefore killing most of them with fall damage.
- If the game is set to peaceful difficulty, all three minibosses and the Slider deal no damage to the player.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|No Turning Back||Enter the Slider's Labyrinth||Hostile Paradise||Enter a Slider's Labyrinth dungeon through a Slider Labyrinth Totem|
Issues relating to the Slider's Labyrinth are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Slider's Labyrinth there.
- Initial release: Introduced
- 18.104.22.168: Revamped dungeon system
- Fixed respawning issues within Slider's Labyrinth where players would teleport to a flatland void
- Fixed bug where leaving a Slider's Labyrinth could sometimes teleport players to the Nether
- Some balance changes to Slider's Labyrinth loot.
- Fixed a major issue where Slider's Labyrinth spawners wouldn't spawn hostile mobs
- 1.6.4-3.41: The Slider's Labyrinth HUD no longer renders outside of themselves when teleporting
- Loot drops balanced in the Slider's Labyrinth chests
- Lowered mini-boss count in the Slider's Labyrinth from five to three
- 1.7.10-1.3: Added new improved textures to Slider's Labyrinth mobs
- 1.7.10-1.4: New Labyrinth Pillar and Carved Labyrinth Pillar blocks, which have replaced the previously generated White Gold Pillar and White Gold Carved Pillar blocks in the Slider's Labyrinth
- Slider's Labyrinth generation has been optimized to help reduce server load and improve performance
- Slider's Labyrinth generation is now faster
- Fixed a block duplication bug with Slider's Labyrinth blocks.
- Slider's Labyrinth loot tweaked
- Fixed Slider's Labyrinth mobs dropping Sentry Stone with the wrong metadata.