Tools allow players to perform actions quickly and more efficiently, such as to gather materials, get info, or completely new functions. Aether tools are inefficient at mining Overworld blocks, and vice versa.
Tools do not stack, save for clocks, compasses, and skyroot buckets. Tools can be repaired, whether via an Altar or combining two similar tools with remaining durability (such as two Holystone Axes).
Usage[edit | edit source]
Axes are types of tools intended to make collecting wood-based blocks easier.
Pickaxes are one of the most important tools and serve a function to collect stone, ore, and metal blocks.
Shovels are tools that have a function for making soft-type blocks easier to gather, such as dirt.
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
Each type of tool has unique passive abilities. Skyroot doubles drops from naturally-generated blocks, Holystone has a chance to drop Ambrosium Shards, Zanite gets stronger as it's durability decreases, Gravitite (except for Swords) can send blocks flying from use on right-click at the cost of four durability, and Valkyrie has extended reach.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If enchanted with Fortune III, Skyroot Pickaxes can yield as much as 16 Ambrosium Shards and as little as two shards from one ore, thus being the best way to obtain Ambrosium currently.
- Aether blocks that are sent flying by Gravitite's passive ability are permanently lost, so caution is advised.
- In the Book of Lore Volume 3, Valkyrie tools are described as "A powerful pickaxe/axe/shovel which once belonged to a Valkyrie. Has extended reach."
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|First Ones Double||Craft a Skyroot tool or weapon||Oddly Familiar||Use a Skyroot Crafting Table to craft a tool or weapon made out of Skyroot|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to Tools are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Tools there.
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- 1.02: If you hit the Slider with something other than a pickaxe, it will now show a message which says "Hmm. Perhaps I should attack this beast with a pickaxe?" so that new people understand they cannot attack it with other weapons
- 1.04: Fixed Aether Shovels not picking up snowballs from snow patches.
- 1.9 Pre-release 2: Fixed Holystone Axe, which previously was doing spade functions instead of chopping
- 1.9 Pre-release 3:
- Initial release: Introduced
- 126.96.36.199: Skyroot Crafting Tables can now be broken efficiently with axes
- 188.8.131.52: Floating blocks that drop from Gravitite tool abilities now drops the correct block metadata.
- 1.7.10-1.1: Fixed Golden Oak drop bugs with Valkyrie Axe
- 1.7.10-1.5: Fixed a EXP duplication bug when using Silk Touch on Skyroot Pickaxe
- 1.7.10-1.6: Fixed a bunch of harvest level registrations on tools.